We literally have TONS of medical supplies for our partner hospitals around the world. Volunteers help sort, count, and package these supplies in order to prepare them for shipment to developing countries.
Without volunteers, we wouldn't be able to process and ship these donations, nor would we be able to make such a huge impact toward improving healthcare in the most remote areas of the world - where basic supplies such as bandages, syringes, and gloves are a matter of life and death.
Our process is simple: the more volunteers = the more work accomplished = the more lives saved! We would love to have your help!
- age 13 or older
- able to stand/walk up to 2 hours at a time
- able to lift up to 30 lbs
- able to read fine print
- all youth groups must be accompanied by 1 adult per every 5 youth (under age 18)
What to expect:
- Our sorting space does have Heat/AC
- Upon arriving, HSMO staff will greet you and explain your volunteer assignment
- You will be working alongside some of our other great volunteers
- A break-time with light snacks/drinks will be offered mid-way through each volunteer shift
- Be ready to get some great work done and improve healthcare around the world!
If you are interested in scheduling a group of 5-10 people and you don't see any openings that will work for your group, please call 525-8843 ext. 195 or e-mail Stephanie A. Hady firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a date/time for your group. We would love do our best to accommodate you!
If you are interested in volunteering and require a sit-down job, please contact Stephanie A. Hady at email@example.com to be added to our waitlist. You will be contacted as sit-down tasks become available. Thank you!
Organizer of Sort Supplies to Save Lives
Who we are: Hospital Sisters Mission Outreach is a ministry of the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis whose mission is to address the serious unmet medical needs of people in developing countries by collecting, repairing, packaging, and distributing medical supplies and equipment to hospitals and clinics around the world.
Who we help: Donations have been hand-carry and shipped in 40 shipping containers (semi-truck loads) to hospitals and clinics in 88 countries around the world. We send shipments and improve healthcare around the world each week!
How we help: All donations are carefully checked, sorted, and packaged for our recipients, who have access to order the specific items they need through our online inventory.
4930 Laverna Road, Springfield, IL 62707, United States